Re: quick question about anime in general

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ronald Spillman <rspill@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
subject Re: quick question about anime in general
date Wed, 1 May 1996 00:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Midn Theodore (Theo) Mac Orpilla Quidem wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I just have a simple (I hope) question that hopefully someone on this
> list can answer.  I have a very annoying roommate who keeps bugging me
> about why characters in Japanese anime don't look Japanese.  We were

The best answer I ever heard to this one was from Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
(The Venus Wars, et al). When he was asked this question at a con some
years ago, he replied(none too seriously), "Well, we lost the war.."
This may not be an accurate answer(Since Japanese manga characters have
((for the most part))been looking Caucasian since well before WWII), but
IMHO the most interesting one.

                               Ron Spillman
               "Otaku no zen sekai de: Gappei suru n da zo!"
  Labor:n. One of the processes by which A acquires property for B.(A.Bierce)
                Vyarzerzomanimororsezassezanzerareorses?;-)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs