Re: "Anything-Goes Martial Arts" (was RE:Ranma TV tape #9)

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: "Anything-Goes Martial Arts" (was RE:Ranma TV tape #9)
date Wed, 8 Feb 1995 08:58:37 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Ken Vong wrote:

> 50 or 70 tapes is a lot!  Why don't they do LDs?  The quality is there,
> price is a little higher but worth it.  And they could maybe stick 4 eps
> on it too, like AnimEigo did with UY.  Let's see 143 / 4 = 35.7 LDs.  Now
> that is much better.  Don't you agree?  :)  L8r.

Uh, not to spoil your fun, but there's 151 episodes of Ranma, not 143.
That's 41 laserdisks.  Do you REALLY think people will like Ranma for
that long?  Even if Viz released the LDs at a rate of one per month,
that's almost four years just to collect the entire series.

Personally, I wish that I could get videotapes with original Japanese
dialog and close-captioned subtitles.  An LD player is still too costly
of an investment, IMHO.

Kevin Lew -- "The Lai-Lai Boy" (Kasumi's Iinazuke)
--The Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk and Information Exchange--
  (also known as my mailbox)
          Internet: kasumi@eden.com (Normal Account)
          Internet: ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (Special Account)

Search field Search string