Re: Hair color -- not again!! ^_-

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: Hair color -- not again!! ^_-
date Mon, 3 Apr 1995 08:50:31 -0500 (CDT)
On 3 Apr 1995, Wei-Hwa Huang wrote:

> albert.tanone@inferno.iquest.com (ALBERT TANONE) writes:

> >Well, the cover of the first vol. showed her with black hair, but her picture
> >on the binding had red hair. I guess it's just whichever one looked better.
>
> The picture on the binding has had virtually every hair color since the dawn
> of time.  It doesn't count.

Okay, I guess you folks should know that the covers are given practically
random colors for coloring.  They attempt to keep it accurate, but if the
cover is too "boring", then they seem to give it more "zest" by giving
everybody an unique hair/eye color.  I've been told that the artist for
3x3 Eyes and Blue Seed does this quite a bit.

There is no question about it.  The original hair color for Ranma (both
genders) is black.  Later, when the anime got popular, Takahashi adopted
the anime convention to keep it consistent.  If somebody has the color
pages from the weekly Shounen Sunday issues, they can confirm this.  I'm
impressed how the anime/manga/video games have a strong influence on each
other.

Again, I'd like to restate that nobody else in the anime/manga can tell
that Ranma's hair color changes (or Shampoo has funny colored hair/eyes,
etc.).  Apparently, it's just one of those things that nobody ever notices.

--Kev (Sig still under contruction.  Send me your ideas about a sig!)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs