Re: Ranma Stuf'

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kirati Laisathit <kirati@u.washington.edu>
subject Re: Ranma Stuf'
date Sun, 2 Apr 1995 23:41:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 Apr 1995 deckerd@agcs.com wrote:

> Here's some more idle chitchat...
>
> [stuff deleted]
>
> to Carry On: Part I," where the two orphan girls pronounce their father's
> name, with one girl saying "Soun" and the other "Tendo." In Japanese,
> it was "Tendo." "Soun."  In English, it was "Soun." "Tendo." The name
> each girl spoke had to be changed from one to the other. Toshi lucked
> out in that mouth movements for "Soun" and "Tendo" take about as long
> for each. He might have had a problem if the name had been the Japanese
> equivalent of "Ed." "Unpronounceadopulous." Well, maybe that's what
> Wordfit is for...

With Wordfit(tm), the name will be pronounced "Eeeeeeeddddddddd" and
"Uplus". ^_^

BTW, did anyone see Kevin today. Kinda strange, not seeing his post. It's
becoming my habit to read at least one of his post a day.

Kirati

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited