Re: All this harshing on Shinnosuke

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kevin Eav <geist@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
subject Re: All this harshing on Shinnosuke
date Mon, 1 Apr 1996 07:10:59 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 Thomas_Schauer@ITA.DOC.GOV wrote:

> Am I the only one on this ML who likes Shinnosuke?  It seems like every
> other message someone is saying something like "I hate Shinnosuke"
> "Shinnosuke is a punk" "Shinnosuke should be put to death", etc.  (ok, I
> made up that last one).  I mean, why is he such a s***head for liking
> Akane?  I can see not liking his getting between Ranma and Akane, but
> can you really hold that against him?  Plus, yeah, he's a little arrogant, but
> no worse, IMO, than Ranma is...
>
> So what's the beef with Shinnosuke?
I think you just hit it on the head. First of all, he's someone like
Ukyou. i.e. Past relationship, even thuogh he doesn't remember it. This
makes him more of a threat. Second, he appealed to Akane's honor. This
made it impossible for her to say that she loved Ranma when she *really*
should have.  Third, he's come the closest to actually taking Akane away
from Ranma--Ryouga just really isn't in the running, Kuno? yaright, etc.
etc. etc.  But Akane nearly let herself get trapped by words.

  I personally have no beef with Shin-boy there, if we didn't have him,
we wouldn't have the great story. But those are the reasons I dislike him.

Kevin Eav--First Deacon of the Church of Ryouga, Keeper of the Compass,
                          Member of C.A.S.K.E.T.
email:geist@holly.colostate.edu --  IRC:Ishido at #ranma! -- Ishido@RanmaMUCK
"The world...is a dark and lonely place...beyond hope, beyond care..."-Ryouga
                 Member of Okonomiyaki Addicts Anonymous
"C'mon kiddo.  You've got to *find* Akane.  You really are a pain in the
                  fanny sometimes, ya know Ryouga?"-Ukyo

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited