Re: Koi Fishing Rod Story? -Please Reply

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ronald Spillman <rspill@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
subject Re: Koi Fishing Rod Story? -Please Reply
date Mon, 1 Apr 1996 00:57:48 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Marisa Price wrote:

> >In the koi-fishing rod storyline, when Ryouga walks in on Ranma changing, I'd
> >say he's surprised, because a) female Ranma's in his tent, b) she's putting
> >a t-shirt back on and so is semi-nude, and (c) this lets Ryouga see the fully
> >grown carp on Ranma's breast - ie Ranma's love for Ryouga (cause by the
> >fishing rod) has matured.
> >
> Is there a script for this manga somewhere on the net? What # was it? If
> not... could someone give me an idea about what this story was about?
> Thanks in advance! -Misa

I don't know if there is a script for this, but if there is, I hope to
find it.;-). However, I do have the tankobon, so here is my fast and loose
upon this basket of "Koi fishing rods". The proprietor tells him that if
one casts it and hits the object of their affection, they fall madly in love
with him. After a fashion, Ryoga takes one, and prepares to "ambush" Akane
with it. Unfortunately, Ranma runs past Akane, being hotly pursued by Kuno.
Ranma gets snagged instead, and soon (I am condensing this) Ranma is doing all
sorts of things for (and to) Ryoga, like doing his dinner, his clothes, and
whatnot(In guy form, no less, much to Ryoga's annoyance). I can tell you
the rest, if you want, by personal e-mail (rspill@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
so that I don't spoil the story for anyone. Like I said, if there is a
translation out there, it would probably tell you in better detail.
My favorite moment is when (in the second part) Ryoga, Ranma and Akane
are together and Ranma(male) points at Akane and loudly screams, "Omae to
ore wa raibaru da!!" (You and I are rivals!!). A true Kodak moment.
I hope that this helps. Ja ne!

                               Ron Spillman
               "Otaku no zen sekai de: Gappei suru n da zo!"
  Labor:n. One of the processes by which A acquires property for B.(A.Bierce)
                Vyarzerzomanimororsezassezanzerareorses?;-)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs