RE: (Noise) Re: [R1/2] You know you're watching...

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Yung (William) Wong" <ywong01@barney.poly.edu>
subject RE: (Noise) Re: [R1/2] You know you're watching...
date Thu, 1 Feb 1996 00:23:29 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Joseph Torres wrote:

>>Today I'm going to make a new one with Chibi-Usa.
>>   "Obnoxious salesperson who peddles in trashy goods!  I won't forgive
>>you!  For love and justice, I am the pretty sailor-suited
>>soldier-in-training Sailor Chibi-Moon!  In the name of the future moon, I
>>will punish you!"

Cute.  *^_^*  I'd make a sign too, but my parents don't know how to read
english or japanese, and Thailander doesn't like to come over. ;_;

> Please don't tell me she goes thru the whole speech every time like a
> certain meatball headed individual!

Meatball?  (William thinks for a while) Meatball?  ... Oh! You mean
odango!  BTW, are mochi balls the ones with bean paste filling, and white
on the outside?

[back to animation]
Think of it this way, the animators don't have to do more drawings if
they can just splice in pre-done animation for this season's
transformations, attacks, and whatever.

And when you've done 10 minutes of new animation in a week, you _can't_
even try to approach the pre-done stuff's quality.  Go watch an episode
of the North American Sailor Moon, compare the color depth of the
scouts' attacks with the stuff that's for that one episode.

And I've helped to animate 8 seconds of flapping cape.  ...would've
killed for that chunk to be on archive.  "1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4,
3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, ... hey, did we forget a 2?"  *yank* *rip*
(pulling of hair)

> Could you imagine what would happen if they had to do the 'speech'
> every time someone fought on Ranma?  First off, it would be an hour
> show...

Anyone remember how repetitve the "roll out" scenes were in Voltron (both
of them), Bionic 6, GI Joe, and the Thunderbirds (both versions)?

 Yung "William/The Forgotten One/Who?" Wong
(^_^) <gon@tsar.poly.edu> -=-<>--<>-=- <ywong01@barney.poly.edu> (;_;)
 "What do you get if you run anime at half speed?"
 "Manga."                      --not quite sure where I read this one

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs