Re: DOCO Music Video

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from John Chennavasin <chennav@haas.berkeley.edu>
subject Re: DOCO Music Video
date Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:30:11 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Joseph Torres wrote:

> I just saw on the lastest Nikaku Animart catalog a 'Ranma 1/2 DOCO Music
> Video'.  Anyone see it?  It's not cheap!

It's actually cheap for a Japanese-market laserdisc. 3500 yen. It
contains the opening and ending animation for the OAVs, and interviews
with the Ranma 1/2 cast.

> Plus they have some of the Japanese OAVs and Movie 3, but the price is
> rediculous!  The price of the Movie 3 tape is 2X the price of what it shoud
> cost from Viz, translated, with an OAV!!!

The prices are in line with the higher cost of living in Japan.

Given that LDs and sell-through VHS tapes of anime are the same price, I'd
rather have the LD version.

> How much do we have to bribe Toshi to try to get Viz to release more of the
> Music videos/CDs...?

I thought we were getting the "music video" portion of DoCo Music Video
on the current OAV releases already. ^_- Perhaps interviews with the
English voice talent would be nice though.

                                John Chennavasin
                            chennav@haas.berkeley.edu
                        http://haas.berkeley.edu/~chennav

Search field Search string