Re: Viz & Diamond

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ronald Spillman <rspill@freenet.columbus.oh.us>
subject Re: Viz & Diamond
date Tue, 2 Jan 1996 00:23:58 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Dov Sherman wrote:

> > They did release The Crow. Then again, how often does Marvel Comics put
> > out anything that's worth reading? ^_^
> > Blame Marvel Comics for all this exclusive distributor mess. They got
> > themselves into a creative rut that puts most Shonen Jump titles to
> > shame, so they attempted to maintain market share by  other means (like
> > buying a distributor).
>
> Too true.  I've only ever bought a very few Marvel comics (`The Heckler'
>  and `Bill and Ted') and they got cancelled just when they were getting good.
>  But Marvel is what pays the rent for a lot of comic shops.  It's sad, really.
>
> /=    Ranma * Chacha * Futaba * DNA^2 * Greenwood * VGAi   =\
> "                   Dov "Dobu" Sherman                      "
> |                 DS5877@Alf.Appstate.Edu                   |
> `         Visit the Futaba-kun Change Homepage at           `
> "       http://www.acs.appstate.edu/~ds5877/fkc.html        "
> \= Tenchi * Ikkoku * VGAi * Tyler * Dragon/2 * Sailor Moon =/
Most of my comics, I get from Monkey's Retreat, (this is in Columbus, OH,
across from a great Anime store, Neo Tokyo Int.),and they, believe it or
not, had to work thru Capital City, Diamond and Heroes World to satisfy
everybody on their list. Fortunately, they decided to continue with CC
(their original distributor) and keep the others. Marvel is a lost cause
(and I grew up reading them), and the only thing that I get from Diamond
is the manga from Dark Horse. CC, has everything else, from Antarctic
to Viz, and now are carrying manga again, such as the Ranma tankobon (#35
due out from them in Feb.) Let Marvel wallow in the mediocrity that they
have created...Manga is where it's at ;-) ! Ja ne.

                               Ron Spillman
               "Otaku no zen sekai de: Gappei suru n da zo!"
  Labor:n. One of the processes by which A acquires property for B.(A.Bierce)
                Vyarzerzomanimororsezassezanzerareorses?;-)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs