Re: Just how good _is_ Mousse?

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Roy Rim <rrrgeen@tendo-dojo.ranma.net>
subject Re: Just how good _is_ Mousse?
date Mon, 1 Jan 1996 11:50:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Christopher Paul Rijk wrote:

> Roy Rim wrote:
> <stuff about how Ryouga is supposed to be Ranma's foil, and when Ranma gets better,

> so will Ryouga>
> Times where Ranma gets more powerful, but Ryouga doesn't:
> V13 - learning the Hiryuu Shouten Ha (ie Ranma gets weak story)
> V17 - Ranma makes up some special training to improve his speed and coordination,

> to fight against Piccolet in martial arts dinner
> V28 - Ranma learns the umisen-ken from Genma

	The point is, Chris, Ranma is supposed to be more powerful,
however, Ryouga is also supposed to be next in line in strength.  He's
foil and here's some rather  lame reasons for it.  One, him and Ranma
have a history.  Two, they both love Akane (KUNO does not count and you
all know why).  And three, they're potential buddies.

> Times where they get more powerfull together:
> V5-6 Ranma learns the kachuu tenshin amaguriken, Ryouga learns the bakusai tenketsu

> V20 Ryouga learns the shishi houkoudan, Ranma can't use it as well, so invents the

> moukou takabisha.

	My original reply does not deal with "powerups."  But either way,
Ryouga is always behind Ranma but generally shown to be stronger than the
rest.

> As a general note, Ryouga and Mousse both fight with Ranma all the time (but you
don't
> really see this much), but in their normal fights, Ranma's _always_ won. If they
were
> close to Ranma, they would probably have won once or twice, and as far as I can
tell
> Ranma can beat the other two without having to exert himself too much. It's
> interesting to note that in V23, Ranma gets a little pissed off with Ryouga, and

> starts beating the crap out of him, and Ryouga thinks that he's going to die
> because Ranma's too good.

	Yes, Ranma is better,  I think we both have said twice now.

> Anyway, as to how good Mousse is, I'd say he's about as good as Ryouga. Mousse
> hasn't got any 'power-ups', though fighting with Ranma all the time does help
> him improve.

	I wouldn't call Mousse weak but one can hardly say that he fight
Ranma all the time.  In fact, he seen much more rarer as time goes by in
the manga, although he's important enough that he's always in the big
stories, such as the recent one in the manga.  Ryouga, on the other hand,
is consistently in every tankouben.  Plus, this is based on one of the
powerups, Ryouga can pop those giant full shishihakodens over and over
once he's depressed enough, and it don't take much to get Ryouga
depressed, and that is one powerful .... un... pow?  Anyway, Ryouga kicks
Mousse's ass.

RR [Geenable]

Search field Search string

archive list