Re: ignorance and hatred

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Roy Rim <rr568@bard.edu>
subject Re: ignorance and hatred
date Fri, 1 Dec 1995 02:03:43 -0500 (EST)
Ok, despite my hatred of such ignorant beings, I cannot stand it any
longer.  I generally percieve Ranma lovers as being generally cool so I
see no reason in this discussion occuring in our beloved ML.  Do not
worry, dear MLers, you do not need to speak up for none of us think
you're a racist bloody asshole (no offense to homosexuals, heh).  One or
two postings is allright, but lets go back to something more fun, 'k?

RR [Geen a Day]

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Wendy Watson wrote:

> Indeed, it is a truly sad sight when the only way a large group of people
> decide to fight hate is to use hate themselves.  The best thing to do
> when you see a hate group meeting in a public place is--leave. Don't give
> them the time of day and don't make them think they are important or
> significant, for it is that anger and attention that they feed upon. Of
> course another side to this is the fact that when you use hate to battle
> hate, you are merely stooping to the depths that you are trying to
> eliminate. Control the temper and you have already won one battle. Show
> them how ignorant they truly are and you are on your way to winning the
> war. No one wants to be a part of something that is viewed by the common
> whole as stupid, ignorant, and childish in behavior.  You cannot deny the
> presence of the rest of the world simply by saying "I don't like you."
> It's foolish. Here in the south it is predominantly black-white relations
> that has everyone walking on eggshells, and there have been a rash of
> racist crimes on both sides, I'm sorry to say. And the O.J. verdict
> inflamed this feeling of hate (but let's please, for the sake of sanity,
> not get into the verdict thing). The oriental(Chinese, Japanese, Korean,
> most people down here don't even know there's a difference) race problem
> is here, too, but not as prevalent since the population is smaller).
> Well, food for thought.
> Shampoo.

Search field Search string

archive list