Re: Unsubscribe

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Stanley Hong <stanhong@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Unsubscribe
date Thu, 30 Nov 1995 18:57:46 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Foxx wrote:

> I would have, except for that my real name has been made public......
>
> It gives you a sense of fear when anyone, lurkers or non-lurkers know who
> you really are.....

You DO know that anyone can finger your Linux box and get your real name...

> For me, it is quite disturbing....

Better do some chfn'ing then...

> And, if I am not off of this list in about 6 and a half hours.. (Midnight
> for me...) several hundred pieces of mail will await many people....

Hey man, maybe you'd be off this list if you sent your request to the
proper address:

		ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec.com

with "unsubscribe" as your subject...if you get an automated reply from
Ukyou, then you WILL be unsubscribed...in 72 hours or so, as Hitoshi
processes these requests manually...

BTW, don't even think about spamming this list - unless you want 280
some-odd people to "bounce" all your mail back at you,  mail you
several copies of WWW server logs, and/or mail your sys-admin, ISP,
whatever...

- Stan

Search field Search string

archive list