Re: ranma on tv???

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Roy Rim <rr568@bard.edu>
subject Re: ranma on tv???
date Wed, 1 Nov 1995 00:41:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Joseph Torres wrote:

> >>(I do agree about Viz's Dubs, but don't condone kidnapping)
> >
> >Maybe bomb threats?
>
> No.  Unfortunately the only way it would end up on TV would be if Bandai or
> Playmates or someone made toys...  Sure I'd buy 'em, but It would just kill
> the spirit of the show!  If you want examples, check out what happened to GI
> Joe or the Ninja Turtles with the crappy toys and a lot of the other crappy
> toys out there...  They would hit a point where they would run out of toy
> ideas and want NEW episodes that introduce not characters but toys...  Ugh!

	Aren't u a little old for toys? :)

	Actually, no, you're wrong, sorry.  Remember, Japan is made up of
crazy business men and toys are big business in Japan too, as are
models.  And yes, there are Ranma1/2 toys and models out and in my
opinion, most of the toys and models stink.  But I still haven't seen
most of them so I wouldn't know.

RR [Geen at Large]

Search field Search string

archive list