Re: [QUERY] Potpourri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: [QUERY] Potpourri
date Thu, 2 Mar 1995 08:27:26 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Victor Lin wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:
>
> > Akane appears!  Ryouga probably had a date or something with her; she
> > has brought flowers.  Ryouga goes insane trying to pull of an Orange Road
> > by trying to date ("entertain", for you purists) two girls at once without
> > the other noticing.
>
> I wouldn't exactly say that it was a date.  According the translations
> I have, Ryouga was trying to get Akane to be alone with him, so he wrote in
> the letter that he is injured and can't move and is very lonely.
> Of course, Ranma sees that Ryouga is perfectly healthy, and furthermore
> Ryouga asked Ranma to overlook his two-timing scheme just this once.  Ranma
> then takes it up to himself to punish Ryouga.

Ahhh... sou desu ka.  ^_^  I couldn't figure out why the calendar said
"Important Date", but Akane brought flowers and said, "Ryouga, are you
okay?!"

The story gets funnier every time I read it.  I still can't figure out
what the letter said that Akari found in the kitchen.

Well, I did my best trying to decode some Japanese text using my best two
sources:

_Curious George Goes to Japan_ -- The Man With The Big Yellow Hat
stupidly takes George to Tokyo.  Extremely helpful for learning phrases
like "joudan da yo" and "neko-BASU".

_Japanese For Very Stupid People_ -- Little known prequel to _Japanese For
Very Busy People_.  Taught me all the katakana I know.  I'm up to 10
characters, now.  I'm working on hiragana now.  "'NO' looks like a pig's
NOse."

Kevin Lew -- "The Lai-Lai Boy" (Kasumi's Iinazuke)
Troublemaker on the Internet, and the Original Ranma Fool

--The Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk and Information Exchange--
  (also known as my mailbox)
          Internet: kasumi@eden.com (Normal Account)
          Internet: ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (Special Account)

Search field Search string