Re: Ranma's job

to mlist-ranma@nntp-server.caltech.edu
from anandc@whip.ugcs.caltech.edu (Anand Chelian)
subject Re: Ranma's job
date 2 Mar 1995 01:08:11 GMT
In article <1C3EDDA1039@boomerang.aero.rmit.edu.au>,
 <ranma@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp> wrote:
>On 1st March AB3588@APPSTATE.bitnet ( Dov ) wrote :
>> >Actually, if you look at it... Akane is the most traditional of Ranma's
>> >fiancees....

>> Interesting point.  But that's a sort of lopsided group to compare her to.

>    I don't think so. IMO Akane is the most normal ( if being a
>kawaiikune tomboy ) is normal of the fiancees but I'd say Shampoo is
>the most traditional. I mean she originally only wanted him due to
>tradition.

I meant in her attitudes... Akane is the least traditional in her abilities,
but the most traditional in her attitudes.  She wants to cook, instead of
being happy that she has a fiance who can cook far better than she can.
Akane does care about guys, and wants to marry a guy stronger than she is.
She could have, at the very beginning told her father to break the engagement,
she can, after all, scare him [her father]..  She also is hurt by insults like
uncute, not sexy, etc.. I mean, she should know that Ranma doesn't mean it.

I meant that, in general, if you look at the attitudes of her characters,
they conform to a traditional Japanese setting, regardless of whether they
are stereotypical or not.  The person I found to be the least "traditional"
in their outlook among all her works is Godai from Maison Ikkoku..

>> >Cool, I am a Leo, what does that mean? >
>> You consider yourself a born leader.  Others think you are pushy.  Most Leos
>>  are bullies.  You are vain and do not like honest criticism.  Your arrogance
>>  is disgusting.  Leos are thieves.
>
>    Charming. Really charming.

I certainly thought so.. ^^;;

--
Anand Chelian | anandc@ugcs.caltech.edu
"History is made by the few, and wielded over the many."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs