Subject: Ninja, VANISH!
From: John Evans <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 17:53:20 -0400

====

>Why do a bunch of anime people run with their arms behind their backs
>stretched out? Do Japanese run that way or what? I sure hope not. but why do
>they do it? I NEED ANSWERS!!!

Oh, you mean the 'ninja run'? That's a good question. It's just kinda 
associated
with martial arts people. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd guess it came 
from the
ninja manga of the 70's that I read about in some Animerica Extra article years
ago, I think. It kinda increases stability and forces you to keep your 
movements
precise when you run. At least, that's what it seemed like when I tried 
it...Try it
yourself and see.

John

"Rei, how many times have you been cloned anyway?"
"i'm not sure."
"i'm not sure."
"i'm not sure."
"i'm not sure."
"five."

--ImproForum 2k1