Subject: Ani-Mayhem, Secret of Mana, Diablo
From: "Don Wang" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 06:04:07 -0800

For Shinobu, they used to sell Secret of Mana CD directly from Square
USA at some point.  I got Kefka's Domain and Secret of Mana, though Kefka's
Domain mysteriously disappeared.  I actually like the US box better than the
Japanese OST which I got later to replace it.

    It is a good soundtrack, though at least with the US they crammed
everything into one CD so you don't get repeats on the tracks, and the
tracks are a little bit short for listening without the automatic repeat.
Wild Arms 2 has that problem too.

Tim:
> Yeah, it died out pretty quickly. Not before they released a second
> set, though. Lasted a year or so.

    Yeah, I think it came out in the wave of CCC revival from MTG.  Didn't
think they really have a future.

    Seems to me the the Pokemon card game is still doing okay, though that's
probably because it's Pokemon.  Don't know much about MTG, but it seems like
overpowered cards make the game a lot less interesting than it used to be.

> The lances were around before the 1.04 patch (I got one way before,
> my brother got 1 the day it was available, 1 the next day). It is
> easier to find after the 1.04 patch, though. B-net is down now
> (Sunday) for 24 hours, you know (restoring the hardcore
> characters--allegedly someone compromised the b-net servers).

    They did a server side update some time ago to put lances/war club/grim
helm/holy water sprinkler.  After all from the people who made the mods for
Diablo 2 say you only have to change like 2 numbers.  I'm inclined to agree
with them since lances do drop in the mods.  Before Lances are morphing into
Superior Great Pilums which should not drop in Act 4.

    I think there was an even earlier patch that made Blades and Stilletos
actually drop from things other than Diablo/Mephisto/Duriel/Andariel, not
that anyone would use these things.  The Dex requirement may make sense from
a RP point of view, but it makes no sense statistically for the classes that
may actually use them (the casters) to put points into dex that doesn't do
anything for them.

    Though with the bow fixed there wouldn't be a lot of reason to be a
Jabazon other than variety.

    I've a Tankazon somewhere that I may get around playing sometime, though
my friend doesn't gamble on Studded Leather and I can really use a
Twitchthroe on her.

Don