Subject: DVDs + random gaming stuff
From: Don Wang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 01:51:13 -0800

Yoru:
>  And as for the DVD, they're not only overcharging and underreleasing,
> they're region-encoding for USA-only play. Bah!

	I thought DVD have the build-in region encode?  I know my friend's
getting a PSX2 just to have a region 2 DVD player instead of whatever
region North America falls under.  Speaking of PSX2, is anyone getting
one?  I heard you can't even reserve one anymore and probably have to
camp outside stores to get them.

	Oh yeah, this doesn't have anything to do with Ranma whatsoever (well,
it is a translation related issue, I guess that relates to manga/anime
in some way), but I'd just like to clarify the right way to translate
certain things in Chrono Cross before some idiot tries to tell you
other-wise.

	Kid is Kid, not Kidd (official translation + various in game sources,
perhaps even a symbolic meaning too)
	Sarah (Schala) is Sarah, not Sara (CC ending)
	The opening theme is The Scar of Time (okay, it's technically same as
Time's Scar, but that just sounds really weird, at least to me)
	The ending theme is Radical Dreamers: Unstealable Gem.  It is NOT
Without Taking the Jewel, even though it roughly means the same thing.

	I thought it was bad enough when we argue over Ryouga vs Ryoga or
similar names, but the idiocy with Chrono Cross translation is getting
out of hand.  Seriously you think people didn't bother looking at stuff
like 'Project Kid' inscripted on the Fortress of Time, or when Sarah
finishes narrating the story in the ending with her English full name (I
was told some Japanese thought there was 3 people in the ending or
something, so for once we can laugh at them!  ^_^).  Oh well...

Don, who forgot to say that Maria's theme has a severe negative effect
on my SC ability
"Meaning of life blah blah blah.  Evolution blah blah blah.  Where we're
going and why blah blah blah."
A shortened version of Sarah's part in Chrono Cross's ending.  :)