Subject: Favourite chars, Doco, Getting into Ranma, WUE and a Q.
From: Rakhal Stormwarden <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:59:54 +0000

Favourite Characters.

Hmm, depends on the season e.t.c, at least for 3rd and 4th place.
Mine are
1. Ranma
2. Akane
3. Ukyo
4. Cologne

at present, I reserve the right to change in the future. Mind you,
I like all the characters with the possible exception of Happosai,
who irritates me a bit too much.

Doco songs. Got Doco 1st and 2nd, and I'm very fond of them. No
idea why you might want them in english though, the songs were
written in Japanese and like most things almost certainly sound
better in their origin language. But then again, I'm a sub watcher
and it's nice to be able to recognise the characters in the songs
:-). I also find that the more I listen to them the more I understand
These days I can follow the words in those songs almost as well as
I could if they were in English. Mind you, when I start singing in
Japanese along to the Doco Karaoke CD, I get weird looks if anyone
spots me <grin>

How did I get into Ranma?
Well, a friend lent me the first Collectors Edition TV tape. Great
stuff!, I loved it and promptly bought the rest of the Coll Ed. tapes
Watched those and I was hooked. Mostly by the comedy and the
developing (if repressed) romance between Ranma and Akane. So I got
every other subbed tape I could find and after a while all the GNs
Something like $1000 I think. And then there was fanfiction just
to add more fun :-)

WUE. Still got to read that. All these 'W' fics I have still to
get to. Takes a LONG time to get through the 'T's. Right now up
to 'The Production of Joy'. Next big fic 'The Shadow Chronicles'

So, how do people think that Ranma would react if something made it
impossible for him to practice martial arts any more. Or maybe just
that something ate his ki, so he became no more powerful than a
normal person. I know that this was started in the HSH arc, but he
got cured. I'm interested in the long term consequences. What would
the others do?

--Rakhal