Subject: MR - Wolfye, Benzaiten
From: "Stiffanie Flores" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:46:33 +0800

Benzaiten :

>Not to my recollection, she wasn't. Unless I misremember, she
>wasn't getting any more affectionate than usual in that instance.
>Ranma *said* she was taking her clothes off in order to get Akane
>to pick the bell up so they could get out from under it.
>

Shampoo *that* affectionate already counts as *too* affectionate for me.
But that's a difference of opinion.

>
>Oh, wonderful! You're also chinese? Are you
>full-blooded, half-blooded, etc.?
>

Well, my parents are both Chinese, my grandparents came from China, and
practically every branch in my family tree originated in China.  So I
guess that means I'm full-blooded.

>My chinese is very broken, so I have major trouble
>communicating with most of my releatives here in the
>States; I can't even talk straight to my own
>grandmother, isn't that tragic? I think so.
>

I speak "Fukien" rather well, which is the standard "Chinese" language
in the Phils.  Very few people here speak Mandarin.  But I can speak
Mandarin just fine, just more fluent with Fukien.  I'm very fond of
watching the Chinese TVB series from HongKong.  We have rental tapes in
the Phils. which rent tapes of these series, but they're re-dubbed in
Mandarin with Chinese subtitles, instead of the original Cantonese
language.  I keep myself "in shape" watching series.  It's good practice
for my Mandarin.

>Oh, and on a side note, I live in California, on the
>coast. I'm sad because where I'm living now, I have to
>drive 2 hours just to get to a Chinatown. :( But at
>least there's one near, ne? ^_^
>
>Glad to meet your acquaintance! ^_^
>
Well Manila is just swarming with Chinese.  Most of my friends are
Chinese, since I studied in a Chinese high school.  And Chinatown is
just less than an hour away without traffic.

Glad to make your acquaintance, too!

Stiffanie Flores