Subject: Why Ranma doesn't want to marry Shampoo. (Somebody asked. ^_^)
From: "Roderick Swee" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 15:24:49 +0800

I wanted to comment on this earlier, but it slipped my mind. Oh well.

Someone:
>>Why doesn't Ranma want to marry Shampoo? The explination that many
>>people have come up with is that it's because she's violent. But the
>truth is >that Akane is 100times more violent in the anime.

Akane isn't that much more violent than Shampoo. Akane hits Ranma, and
Shampoo has Mousse to hit! ^_^ BTW, the anime doesn't really carry any
weight in discussions of (Ranma 1/2) character behavior on this ML, only the
manga is considered valid.

>>And what does Shampoo have in her favor? She's sexy, she's smart, she
>can >cook, and she's strong. And yet Ranma doesn't like her ,why? You
>could
>>say because she doesn't really care that much about others, like when
>Akane >is in trouble Shampoo tries to make Ranma not go save her. I
>would have
>>agreed with that except for in the anime "One grows over a Kuno's Nest"
>>Shampoo goes out of her way to actually save Akane. So the only thing I
>can
>>come up with for why Ranma doesn't want to marry her is the cat thing.

Actually the real answer has already been thrown about the ML a few times
already, that Ranma _loves_ Akane, not the other fiancees (or wannabes), at
least not romantically speaking. Ranma doesn't care that Shampoo's sexy,
smart, strong and can cook, taking away the cat curse from Shampoo wouldn't
make Ranma love her anymore than he already does. (Yes, I do believe that
Ranma has feelings for Shampoo, it's just that they're not romantic ones.)

BTW, hi hiroshin, hope you're well. ^_^

Roderick Swee
USSRTFW:SR (^_^)ooo<
TSNDRWH(C)J'CC,MN,MS,N... (Ask Sherry! ^_^)
113th Knight of the True Fiancee
Wielder of the SD Ray Gun! ^_^
Opposers of the Ranma & Akane marriage,
Prepare to be shrunk! ^_^