Subject: random replies
From: Colin Keefe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 22:49:33 +0900

Brad writes in:

> We've never taken a poll on it, but I'd wager at least 15 of us have 
> read it, with varying degrees of assistance.  That's a low guess, but 
> it's hard to tell the difference between who's read it, and who's 
> heard so much about it from this ML that they seem to have read it.

Allow me to brag for a moment and say I've read it.  Woo hoo.  I'm sure 
everyone's excited for me.

> He who used to be Bradsempai, Bradster no Hentai, Borgster, and 2 
> other nicks which have now completely escaped me.

Well, there was the Emperor of Ecchi, and then Big Bad Brad was running 
around for a short time, I think.  Hell, you used to have a _huge_ 
list...

Shouryuu with more fun stuff:

> You know - you're the first person to do that.  Most people reccomend 
> Yani for their sopranos.  (I'm not challenging you on that, though.  
> I've only played Selmer USA tenors...)

Well, I guess there's a first for everything.  I just _really_ like my 
Yani tenor, especially for jazz.  The tone's not as good as a Super II 
for legit, though a proper mouthpiece could help that out a bit.

Sopranos, huh?  Never had much use for one, except to take up the flute 
peg on my gig stand.  Had a clarinet, too, but I never was so great on 
that stick.  I could sub in pep band okay, but forget anything real.

> Now THAT, I agree with.  I'm very anxious to see how the Series III 
> (which was introduced in March) horns play - supposedly they're better 
> than the Mark VIs (which, suprising, Selmer could only go downhill 
> after...).

Series III?!! Hmm, Selmer musta been busy while I've been overseas.  
Yeah, I'd love to hear (and play) one of 'em for myself.

Ooh, the Mark VI.  Ever played one?  My friend has one her father played 
in college, and I gotta say, it is one sweet lady, even after all the 
hell she put it through.  Damn, but I coulda smacked her for all that.

> I think you an' I need to get together for a gig sometime, man. ^_^

Hah!  You'd put me down like a rabid skunk.  I just talk the talk man, I 
can't walk the walk anymore.  It's been almost four years since I was a 
serious player.  I just play for fun, and nobody's fun but mine, but I 
tend to keep up with the news.  Shoulda caught me back when I was still 
in the groove.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Colin Keefe  |    Worshippers of Shampoo, Equal Opportunity Ecchi   |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  [email-masked]  |   www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/9605   |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Dedicated Blood Bowl-er, Space Wolf Commander, Epic and 40K, Anime  |
|  freak, ElfQuest fanatic, Robotech junkie, and Samurai Shodown nut.  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+