Subject: Viz- should we petition them?
From: Brad A Clark <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:33:32 -0500

>> "Snapple Girl" < cheese in pants & girls at nightclubs

"Is that a wheel of cheese in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
============

Jim & QM:

>>I know it's a different market over here, but the speed of their releases 
>>is getting painful. They are not even half done with Ranma and of course 
>>it has been done in Japan since 1996.
>
>And at the rate they're going, their fanbase is changing. For example,
when I 
>got into Ranma a few years ago, I was just a poor-high school student. Now I 
>have a disposable income, though! If they were to translate and release the 
>remainder of the volumes tomorrow, I'd own them all within a month...

Does anyone think that Viz might speed their pace up a bit if we (the
people of this ML and their Ranma-loving friends) wrote some kind of
petition expressing our dissatisfaction with things like their slow rate of
release, subtitles lagging behind the dubs by a season, only 2 episodes per
tape, and meager DVD selection?  I'd like to think that they'd be more
responsive to something like this than they are to requests for their
catalogs, merchandise orders, etc.  After all, they're only hurting
themselves if they drive us away by not finishing before 2005 or so...

I understand that Toshifumi Yoshida used to be on this ML a few years ago,
back before the series was over in Japan and the ML wasn't in digest mode
yet, and he actually seemed to be involved with some fan feedback.  It'd be
great if someone at Viz were willing to post consumer-targeted questions to
this ML in order to get a feel for how things are going- after all, unlike
the RAAF/RAAM newsgroups, we're completely Ranma oriented (in theory).

If anyone's interested or has what they think are legitimate ways that Viz
could improve, or is willing to collaborate in the writing of this
petition, lemme know.

Bradster         ICQ: 10951748 (FWIW)   Founder of SAUCE & EOE
Ranma Preview Gallery at http://ranmagallery.simplenet.com/
SAUCE site at http://members.tripod.com/~SAUCEboss/
Co-Curator of NERV: http://ecchi.inter-lynx.com/
"I've got undies and all's right with the world!"  -Happosai