Subject: eva stuff
From: Brad A Clark <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 08:12:43 +0000

Petes:

>Though there are a few questions left in mind:
>
>1)Why are there scenes with Misato and Ikagi dead, and Rei's bed stained
>with blood?

Because the first two are both meddlesome bitches, and Shinji finally gave
them what was coming to them.  In his head.   I won't comment on the bed
thing... H_H

>2)The end, what the heck was that!? Is he in heaven? Did he return to
reality?

He was apparantly experiencing different possible realities/timelines, such
as the one you comment on below.

>3)I noticed a lot of the parts were parts of the story board, such as when
>Rei asks if Asuka is riding Shinji's balonga pony, Asuka is done in a
>sketchy way and has the words "reals back" on the picture. Best part
though! ^_^

What's your question?

>All in all, if you don't like artsy stuff, I wouldn't recomend it.

Now he tells me...  What bugs me the most is that it was described as
Instrumentality, and much philosophical crap was spouted while the episode
went on, but they never bothered to say *how* they made this happen!  Did
they give everyone hallucinogenic shrooms and make them hold hands?  Did
they all wear tin foil helmets?  I was disappointed- for a series that paid
such close attention to detail up until that point, it was all dropped in
favor of the high-speed pop psychology graffiti that was 0:13.

>How high dot he passages go before they up a number?

13 was the original end of the series, so it's a moot point.

Bradster         ICQ: 10951748 (FWIW)
Founder of SAUCE and the EOE          Lurker in AD and UGMA
Ranma Preview Gallery at http://ranmagallery.simplenet.com/
"Listen sonny- when it comes to peeping I'm the most serious
man in Japan!"  -Happosai