Subject: YAMR: Stuff (too tired...yawn...)
From: "John D. Evans" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 22:21:23 EDT

=====
>I was rereading the whole Ice-Skating match for that Battle Arena
>homepage, and something Akane said kind of struck me as curious- after
>Nabiki and Kasumi tease him, saying that it would have been tragic if
>Mikado's kiss was Ranma's first (it was, apparently), Akane asks him if
>it really was his first.  For some reason, I'm left with the impression
>that either Akane has been kissed before, or that she was surprised that
>no one had kissed Ranma yet.

Well, Ranma acts like a pretty big stud and all. "Macho, macho ma-an...o/~"
Anyway...It seems sort of unlikely that anyone had kissed Akane, what with
Kunou and Dr. Tofu and all that. So it seems likely that with his desperate
manliness Ranma would be the one to have gotten busy.

=====
>Osmium tetroxide is one of the worst lachrymators I have ever come into
>contact with.  I was using it a few years ago in an oxidation reaction,
>and had to chill it before cracking the vial open (reduce the vapor
>pressure and all that).  Even so, I was out in the hall weeping my eyes
>out inside of a minute.  Damn feeble hoods.

It's so nice to have people appreciate what you're talking about. ^_^

=====
>Bradster   "My mind is aglow, with whirling, transient nodes of thought,
>careening through a cosmic vapor of invention!"
>"Ditto!"
><glare> "Ditto?!"

A comic masterpiece.

=====
>Anyway, since people were talking about their favorite shows, I just decided
>to throw in my list too.....^^;  I have been having hard time deciding which
>one should be which, anyway.  This should clear up my confused mind
>definitely..:P

I never bother trying to rank things I like. I just like them, y'know?
Why do you have to try and decide that one is better than all the others?...

>1. Fushigi Yuugi
>2. Vision of Escaflowne
>3. Slayers/Evangelion
>4. Ranma 1/2
>5. Anything CLAMP
>6. Sailormoon
>7. Nurse Angel Ririka
>8. Marmalade Boy
>9. Saint Tail

Hey, awesome! I've seen all this too! FY is really cool, even though it
gets stomp-you-into-the-ground depressing after a while. Escaflowne is
incredibly cool. I keep hoping someone will release it in the US. I also
love Nurse Angel Ririka, its music rules. I couldn't get into Saint Tail
(then again, maybe that's because it was untranslated and I only speak a
few words of Japanese...). And I finally saw all of Marmalade Boy. Great
show, although the 'siblings' bit was just a little too far for me, just
sort of made me want to say 'Not something else, just get on with it'...
I just saw the opening animation to something called 'Wish', know anything
about it?...Other than that it's by CLAMP. (With that animation, it HAS
to be CLAMP...)

=====
Hey Don, and other interested parties. I'm just playing through FF7 for
the first time, and one character said something interesting in reference
to another character: "always talking about the future, and the 'next
time' we'd meet" or something along those lines. Now I know where all those
rumors came from.

                                     John

"Ho Ho Hooo!"