Subject: Tangency (MI, MI marathons, KOR LD set, KOR manga)
From: Ruben Adviento Rosario <[email-masked]>
To: Ranma 1/2 ML <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:02:30 -0700

Albert Lunde wrote:

>Maison Ikokku is a great series if you like romantic comedy, and it's
in a
>fairly realistic setting: no aliens, no magic, gravity usually works.
It
>also has a fairly satisfying ending, and it seems well rounded.

(MI's) one of the more down-to-earth series that I've seen.

>(I got "hooked" on a MI 15 episode marathon an an anime club just
before
>the anime started coming out from Viz...

One of my friends was able to acquire the entire fansubbed series
(before Viz acquired the rights).  This was about a year and a half
ago.  Around 12 of us spent one three-day weekend watching the entire
series, ordering take-out (every-so-often), in between breaks playing
multi-player PC games on the 6-station LAN we had in the household , and
getting (very, very) little sleep.

>When I finally get a laserdisk player, getting the last couple of MI
disks
>is high on my wish list. But while I've got on the Kimagure Orange Road

>laserdisk pre-order, I don't have a player yet.

(Heh heh) you got on the pre-order list, huh?

Yep, I just called Animeigo today to confirm my order ^_^ (LD or tape,
name, address, payment type, payment option).
I was one of the 1312 people that signed up on the original KOR LD
preorder list.

I told them to (take) my money and they were (more than happy) to set me
back $420 ^_^;

I, too, have no LD player (yet).  I was shopping around today.  I
searched the Internet, also.  A lot of the online stores don't even sell
LD players (only DVDs and a scant few with the DVD/CD/LD combo).  I also
looked for used LD players.  Anyone selling theirs?

>Which reminds me: KOR is another good romantic comedy. I don't think
anyone
>is talking about translating the manga commercially, but it isn't real
hard
>to get the originals, and nearly complete fan-translations of the manga

>exist.

I have all the tankoubons.  I have a friend who bought the wide-bans.
He even printed out (*All*) the KOR manga translations (a pretty huge
stack ^_^).  (Now that I think about it, I should've gotten the
wide-bans.  The availability (for the wide-bans) at the time wasn't so
good, but all the tankoubons were (just) there).