Subject: Kunou/Ranma as codependent
From: Albert Lunde <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 13:05:28 -0600

>     Just something I thought of...  Why is it that every other character
>in Ranma 1/2 besides Kunou, has figured out about Ranma Saotome's curse
>without Ranma having to say a word about it?  Just a stupid little
>question I wanted to ask ya...  ^_^

Aside from the question of running jokes, the matter of "defense
mechanisms" might also apply her.

On one hand, Ranma doesn't want to admit he turns into a girl who is
attractive to men, on the other hand, Kunou's subsconscious may be
protecting himself from the knowledge that he has fallen in love with a
girl who is "really" a guy (and his rival for Akane's attentions and public
standing as the best fighter.)

So it might be possible to see Ranma and Kunou as sort of co-dependent:
colaborating in preserving each other's illusions. Ranma is somewhat more
conscious of what's going on, but still....

---
    Albert Lunde                      [email-masked]