Subject: Happosai as P-chan and the degrees of hentai...
From: Francis Sanchez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 13:06:14 -0500

Shouryu said:

<Whoa! O_o  When was this???  I don't remeber seeing in the anime but
I
_have_ seen only the Viz stuff...but that sounds like it could be visually
hilarious...>

I think it was probably in the manga and hasn't gotten to the Anime yet,
Shour, at least, I think so. ^_^ Anyway, in case you forgot it, it was
when Happosai dressed as P-chan when he found out that P-chan got
to sleep in Akane's bed at night. Happosai manages to hold off a
Ryouga/Ranma double-team (how often do you see that in the manga?
^_^) but ends up getting beat up by a sleeping Akane, who we find flails
around in her sleep. I thought it was hilarious, myself. ^_^

Which brings me to a point - are there certain degrees of "hentainess" in
Ranma? What struck me to think of this was the fact that in Happosai's
intro stories, Ranma calls Happosai not only an "ordinary dirty old man",
but an "_extra_ ordinary dirty old man" . This seems to imply that there
are certain degrees or levels of hentai behaviour, in not only Ranma, but
other anime in general.

The only two different degrees I might see in Ranma 1/2 are:

"Physically Enamored" - Concerned mainly with the looks of someone or
something - almost no interest in personality or wishes of the other
person - only with the fact that they're beautiful/handsome, etc....The
Kunos, Tatewaki and Kodachi, as well as Mikado and Azusa, might fall
into this category (not insulting anyone, just giving observations ^_^)

"Total Hentai" - This would probably constitute being horribly lewd,
aggressive in advances, sexual or otherwise, and sometimes involves
"strange" interests involving the opposite sex. Only Happosai would be
here, I suppose, if we were restricting ourselves to Ranma 1/2....

Comments? ^_^

^_^,
Frank

Visit my Webpage, the Ranma 1/2 Library, at:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/3136
Quote of the Day (from Anime):
Onna-Ranma: "You're uncute, built like a brick, and violent as a gorilla!"