Subject: Re: racism ([email-masked])
From: [email-masked] (First MI Last)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 21:23:10 EST

>>Don't you all just Love the signs w/ big Confederate flags that say
>>"Tradition not Hate"?  (sarcasm)
>>I dunno where you live, but I'm in Jax, FL... not really FL, more 
>like
>>South GA.  (Where's Atticus Finch when you need him)  I love walking 
>down
>>the hall and hearing someone say "Hey Chink!"
>
>        Don't tell me you put up with that kind of abuse? As far as 
>I'm
>concerned, it's an insult to Asians and Asian-Americans everywhere 
>that that
>kind of treatment would be tolerated, and I sincerely hope that you 
>gave the
>racist, pathetic red-neck what he deserved. The one who insulted you 
>is NO
>American and deserves to be beaten senseless. The last person who said 
>that
>to me got laid out post-haste on the floor. I don't recall how many 
>minutes
>passed before he ever got up.

	First off, I'd like to thank anyone who responded to this post. I
just hope we don't end up in a huge religious/political debate...
everything I say ends up makin' people mad in the long-run(re: anime vs.
cartoons)
	I usually prefer not to resort to that level of violence, no
offense, I greatly appreciate someone siding w/ me on this.  If it makes
anyone on the ML happier, I did end up putting him into (to any other
martial artists out there) a bent elbow wristlock a couple weeks later,
where he left me alone after that... 
	I do, however agree w/ Mortal, but being the butt of racism is
really quite taxing on a person's level of tolerance, which is why I'm
glad Zero stood up for himself. He - the redneck - might have had a good
reason to hate me because I did that, but I had taken a lot of abuse and
felt I needed to do something other than just take it... at least he left
me alone...
	En Otras Palabras... I agree that violence is not always the
answer and is usually detrimental to one's cause (example... a girl in my
5th per. History class was going on about how Bob Dole would make a great
leader for America.  I'm not saying he would or wouldn't, but the fact
she used to justify this wasn't his planning or his skills or even his
intelligence or moral values or whatever it is he has going for him.  She
said he would be a better Pres. because he was older - she denied this as
being experience or intelligence or anything else that came with age -
just flat out - Bob Dole's age makes him a better President. Then she
went on to mudsling Clinton)- Please don't mail me about this! I am
really indifferent to the election campaigns...
	back to the subject at hand - HOWEVER - I do applaud Zero for
giving him the beat-down (seeing as I did it too)... I know I seem
incredibly indecisive, but people do not always go w/ their ethics. There
are other emotions that tie in the mix of things: Rage, Sympathy, etc...
After a loss of tolerance I lashed out violently; but, in this case, I
don't regret it ... 

( : [email-masked] : )
-new quote-
She'll never make it if I wait for us to land!... AKANE!!!
= I know it's not Ryouga, but I don't care! =