Re: Anime International (spam)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from KittyGirls@aol.com
subject Re: Anime International (spam)
date Sun, 1 Dec 1996 10:58:06 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-01 05:15:45 EST, Danielle writes:

>>I suppose that "We" means "USA". Remember, all of the cyberspace
>>is not in america (I, for one, am french and living in Paris).
>
> That is the coolest thing about this mailing list.  It really is
>international.  I love the fact that I can talk about a subject that I love
>with people in Japan, France, Canada and all over the world.  It knocks me
>out when I think about that!   :)
>
>Danielle

Well...I've lurking on the list for awhile again, watching the parade. But
what Danielle says is very true, and I feel the same way, and have felt that
for the past year and a half that I've been on this list. I think it a great
that we all something that we share, no matter what our race, ethnic, or
national origin. It breaks down boundaries, opens up friendships and makes
the world seem like a smaller, warmer and friendlier place.

Now I will admit that here in America, we have this tendency to be very
ethno-centric and assume that the world revolves around us for the most part.
I think it would interesting to see what would happen if we ethno-centric
Americans were forced to post all our letters in Japanese instead of English.
I think it would be a very humbling experience to say the least, and we would
appreciate our comrades in other non-English speaking countries a bit more
for their efforts here to communicate, not just with us, but with the rest of
the world as well.

Arigato.  Dewa mata....  itte kimasu,

Schmitty-sama

Creator of the Inflatable Urd

"I wish I could be a real live girlfriend....::sigh::"
                                                     ----Inflatable Urd

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited