Re: Top 10 Ways...disagree

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Joey C. Liaw" <joey@dwango.com>
subject Re: Top 10 Ways...disagree
date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 20:10:38 -0500
OK I think I'm an anime freak but I beg to differ with this list.

Forgot a couple important ones:
   0. you don't know japanese, but you've memorized all the romanji lyrics
of all the songs on the AMG singles CD.
   1. you don't know japanese, but you can recite the AMG original Japanese
dialogue and write it out in english.
   2. you start to compare certain people you know with anime charaters.  I
SWEAT TO GOD there is this fine girl at my school, and she looks SOOOO much
like belldandy it's not even funny..... and she goes out with my best
friend!!! AAHH!!!
   3. you spend a substantial portion of yoru incomine on anime.  (say,
$5000/year)
   4.  SIGS!!! what about all our SIGS

At 06:23 10/1/96 GMT, you wrote:

>Saw this at anime web site (http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~yehj/anime.html)
>^_^
>
>The top ten ways to tell if you're an anime freak:
>
>  10.You have dozens of anime tapes all under the EP (or SLP) mode.
EP?? Who the hell has stuff in EP.  Thats such low quality crap.  SP all the
way baby!  Hi-Fi Stereo tapes, no HGX-Gold or EHG or Sony V for me.  HI FI
ONLY.  Money no object.  Anime is the only thing that matters!

>   9.You have dozens of comics and remember all of the JAPANESE
> characters' names. (Names such as "Joe" and "Brian" do not
> register in your brain.)
Not having any American comics, this is not applicable.

>   8.You have anime stuff plastered all over your room.
Well, I wouldn't say all over.  I'm just starting to collect posters.  So
far I have three belldandy (including the life-size, yummy!) and 1 super
atragon.  Looking for an IRIA poster...

The following ones seem to be all ranma or something.
>   7.You start to wish you can switch genders by applying different
> temperatures of water.
>   6.You start to dress like your favorite character.
>   5.The girl of your dreams has big eyes, a small mouth, purple hair,
> and talks with a bad accent.
I would take Kasumi over Shampoo any day, but then again, it must be my Bel
obessession.

>   3.When you're talking in your sleep, you say:
> "Oh! Pig-tailed girl! You will be mine!"
Now, I really don't understand why boys like ranma-chan.   HES A GUY for
crying out loud. (dodging flames)

>   1.You worship Belldandy. (You built a shrine.)
HAHA. this is readily done.  I can't ever sin in my room any more since her
life-sized icon is always watching (this is called obsession to the point of
freak).

Actually girls who see that I own that poster have had very different and
interesting reactions.  "You're obsession."  "You're a freak."  "COOL!! I
want one."  "Hey is she naked?"

  Joey C. Liaw  <joey@dwango.com>
 Belldandy  Skuld  Sasami Nuku-Nuku

Search field Search string