Re: Themes

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from MARCO NADAL <m.nadal@student.qut.edu.au>
subject Re: Themes
date Mon, 02 Sep 1996 14:25:49 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Jack Ji wrote:

> Just what the heck are anime themes? Are they songs? Screen savers? What?
> And what's a garage kit? Something to decorate your garage with?

>  Member of the #ShAS#: Shampoo Appreciation Society - Our favorite femaline!
> 	  jackji@efn.org - Jack Ji - http://www.efn.org/~jackji

Various Graphical User Interfaces, such as Macintosh and Windows'95, have
standards for turning the icons, wallpaper and sounds of the desktop into
new ones. The idea is that these themes are easily installed/uninstalled
using a Desktop Theme Manager, so the user won't have to fiddle a hundred
files to get the intended effect.

Garage kits are models that come in attractive boxes as grey, colorless
Polyvinyl parts. Sometimes these parts are already seperated, so you won't
have to cut them out of a molded rectangle. It is up to you to put them
together and paint them, using special "lethal if inhaled" paints.

I just got this information off the top of my head, so if it's wrong...
tell me, and I'll be all the wiser!

Jubei

Search field Search string

archive list