Re: My Anime Cd-Rom

to Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
cc megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from MARCO NADAL <m.nadal@student.qut.edu.au>
subject Re: My Anime Cd-Rom
date Sun, 01 Sep 1996 19:21:24 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Albert Lunde wrote:

> > I'm not sure if it will be for mac yet because i don't have a mac to try
> > it on. I'll let you know when i find out. ok Thanks for the interest.
>
> I think if you create the CD with ISO 9660 format, people with many
> kinds of computers can read the files (whether they can view them
> or not). This may limit you to an 8+3 format for file names (like DOS).

Achhh! Ergh! Puke! 8.3 filenames are the scourge of the earth! As a last
resort, perhaps a HTML file could be on the CD that references all those
8.3 files with a long-name link. HTML is unversal, so that Mac owners
could configure their Web browsers to read all that stuff on the CD.
Besides, it would make for a really neat MENU system, no?!

> Check the stuff you have for making CDs and see if it does "ISO 9660":
> I think this is pretty common today.

There IS a CD-ROM standard, possible called 'Green book', as opposed to
'White book' which is related to full-screen full-frame MPEG capability.

Jubei

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited