Re: Hey!

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from erics@jna.com.au
subject Re: Hey!
date Thu, 4 Jul 1996 08:49:53 +1000 (EST)
> From: CuSO4 <chyung@asiaonline.net>
> Subject: Re: Hey!

> It is true that Fukushima sensei draw the characters in the manga, but
> the character in OVA is designed by Matsuhara Hidenori.  Fukushima sensei
> did not draw the characters in the OVA.  In fact, most mangaga will not
> take part in the making the anime with the exception of a few and Fukushima
> sensei, who is listed as Supervisor.

  I stand corrected on this issue. Most of the times, the manga artist
and the OAV artist (or production team) are very different groups
altogether. However, the production team would attempt to follow the
same styles ... with a little bit of variation. But heck, you can't
expect _everything_ ... unless you are willing to pay for that! ^_^

> >   So a simple answer : Yes - it _may_ have been Kenny boy (from Taiho)
> > driving the car (though Ken is not a car driver!! ^_^) and it _may_
> > have been the girl with the puppy that was behind the counter in the
> > fifth OAV. But I would say these characters would deny this accusation
> > vehemently! ^_^
>
> Agree.
> Does the US dub call ken-chan "Kenny" ?

  Sorry. I'll whip myself with cold soggy ramen. I was quoting Yoriko
in the dubs!! ^_^
  As a point of clarification - they call "Ken-chan" plain "Ken" in
the dubs. Only Yoriko has called him "Kenny-boy" when she is stirring
him up in Ken's relationship with Miyuki.

--
 Eric Shen - erics@jna.com.au (K.Soc 1993) (AMS,TM!R,KOR) KWYJIBO
    "Pardon me while I change into something more formidable."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs