Re: The Time For Holy War Has Come...

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from erics@jna.com.au
subject Re: The Time For Holy War Has Come...
date Thu, 4 Jul 1996 08:45:14 +1000 (EST)
> From: Geir Friestad <geir@origo.no>
> Subject: Re: The Time For Holy War Has Come...

> > On AnimEigo's hybrid LDs, the tracks are digital.  It's just that one side has

> > the dub and the other side has the sub.  Bilingual LDs like Pioneer's and ADV's

> > (what few there are) have the analog/digital switching for languages.  So,
> > essentially, you're getting both languages digitally.  You just have to flip
> > the LD over for your choice...
>
> Sounds like a good way of making one's customers fork out more money,
> since the OAVs would have to be spread out over more LDs than before.

  This is a case of seeing a cup "half full or half empty"
Most see it as "it's a waste of space" since most would never look at
the second side.
  I would be a little bit more positive and see it as a great option
to show non-Anime fans and easing them in by letting them watch the
dubs (yes - I think they are passable...).

> >> Personally I don't care, though. I have my original Japanese AMG LDs. ;)
> >
> > That's one way to look at it, I suppose...
>
> In my opinion, that's the *only* way to look at it. I don't care for
> the way AMS has been treated by US companies, so I just ignore the
> domestic anime and manga releases and get the Japanese originals instead.

  But Geir. You have always opted for the Japanese option ... and the
more expensive option!! ^_^
  I think this is your choice and it seems to avoid these problems of
dubbing quality! ^_^

--
 Eric Shen - erics@jna.com.au (K.Soc 1993) (AMS,TM!R,KOR) KWYJIBO
    "Pardon me while I change into something more formidable."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs