Re: Hey!

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from CuSO4 <chyung@asiaonline.net>
subject Re: Hey!
date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 23:21:10 -0700
erics@jna.com.au wrote:
>   It's not really worth conjecturing or trying to confirm these
> "sightings"........

Agree.

>..............All the characters were drawn by Fujishima (and redone by
> the staff at TBS/Kodansha). So it is not surprising that there may be
> some "mistaken identities" or "look alikes" in the OAVs.

It is true that Fukushima sensei draw the characters in the manga, but
the character in OVA is designed by Matsuhara Hidenori.  Fukushima sensei
did not draw the characters in the OVA.  In fact, most mangaga will not
take part in the making the anime with the exception of a few and Fukushima
sensei, who is listed as Supervisor.

>   Just seeing the OAV previews for You're Under Arrest! - the first
> comment made by most people was "they all looked like Megumi" (in
> AMS). (This is despite the fact that Taiho predates AMS!!!)
>   But that is because you have the same artist working there.

The manga predates AMS, but the anime post-dates AMS.  Character Designer
of YUA is Nakajima Atsuko (character designer of Ranma), so you can notice
the enlargement of the difference of the girls's three sizes and the
decrement of the white color in their eyes.  Personally, I prefer Matsuhara.

>   So a simple answer : Yes - it _may_ have been Kenny boy (from Taiho)
> driving the car (though Ken is not a car driver!! ^_^) and it _may_
> have been the girl with the puppy that was behind the counter in the
> fifth OAV. But I would say these characters would deny this accusation
> vehemently! ^_^

Agree.
Does the US dub call ken-chan "Kenny" ?

Ja........CuSO4