Re: The Time For Holy War Has Come...

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Geir Friestad <geir@origo.no>
subject Re: The Time For Holy War Has Come...
date Wed, 3 Jul 1996 07:50:01 +0200 (MDT)
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Peter L. Ward wrote:
>> Which soundtrack is digital, and which one is analog on the hybrid LDs?
>
> On AnimEigo's hybrid LDs, the tracks are digital.  It's just that one side has
> the dub and the other side has the sub.  Bilingual LDs like Pioneer's and ADV's

> (what few there are) have the analog/digital switching for languages.  So,
> essentially, you're getting both languages digitally.  You just have to flip
> the LD over for your choice...

Sounds like a good way of making one's customers fork out more money,
since the OAVs would have to be spread out over more LDs than before.

>> Personally I don't care, though. I have my original Japanese AMG LDs. ;)
>
> That's one way to look at it, I suppose...

In my opinion, that's the *only* way to look at it. I don't care for
the way AMS has been treated by US companies, so I just ignore the
domestic anime and manga releases and get the Japanese originals instead.

--
"I own my own body, but I share"

Search field Search string

archive list