Re: Need help on Viewing Japanese in JWINDOWS

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Cameron Ring" <keiichi@mnsinc.com>
subject Re: Need help on Viewing Japanese in JWINDOWS
date Tue, 26 Mar 1996 06:36:43 +0000
> Date:          Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:46:49 -0800
> From:          CuSO4 <chyung@asiaonline.net>
> To:            seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com, MEGAMI ML <megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com>,
>                Tenchi ML <tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com>, MI ML <maison-ikkoku@sfu.ca>

> Subject:       Re: Need help on Viewing Japanese in JWINDOWS

> Michael Studte wrote:
> > At 22:10 96/03/25 -0800, you wrote:
> > >I have installed JWINDOWS 3.1 under DOS/V 6.3 and NETSCAPE 2.0 (not the
> > >Japanese verison)
> > There's a 6.3???
>
> There is 7.0, upgrade package JPY 7800, base package 12800, seen in Laox Computer
Kan in Akihabara
> Tokyo.
>
> > Have you set up the fonts under Netscape and international code support (in
> > the options)?
> Yes, I missed that.  Just change it and retry OK.  Thank you for your help.
>
> Ja...........CuSO4

If you wanted to try win95 (I assume the english version), then you can use
NJWIN.  It gives any program, windows or dos (must be in a window, not full
screen), the capability to display Japanese (Shift-JIS and EUC-JIS), Chineses
(GB Jian Te, GB Fan Te, Big5 Jian Te, Big5 Fan Te) and Korean (KS C 5601).
It's available at: http://www.njstar.com.au/njstar

cam

Belldandy-sama worshipper!

Search field Search string