Re: laserdisc recommend /Events in Tokyo 3/18-20

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Robert Lee <dragon3@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: laserdisc recommend /Events in Tokyo 3/18-20
date Sun, 03 Mar 1996 09:25:45 -0600
Actually CAV does not really have any quality difference with CLV LD's.  CAV
disks just let you use special features like slow-motion and freeze-frame.
But the Japanese LD's would be better in quality in my opinion.
At 11:20 PM 3/3/91 +0000, you wrote:
> > I thought everyone would enjoy the brief respite between receiving
>> zillions of megami-sama email, but I could be wrong. ;-)
>>
>> Anyway, I was wondering if anybody out there can make some
>> recommendations regarding AMG laserdiscs. I'm crazy enough to
>> want all of the OAVs on LD (but maybe not rich enough). Here
>> are my options I think:
>>
>> 1. get the original Japanese LDs...five of them at $66.00 a piece.
>
>That's it. Don't have to consider the rest :) I would recommand the
>origainal as you get the best quality and you've your original voice
>of Belldandy with Kikuko san :) And you get the very nice booklets
>and cell pictures that comes with them :)
>
>> 2. Animego's Oh! My Goddess LDs...two contains all five OAVs. They
>>    are subtitled. How's the cover art? $40.00 a piece.
>
>This one you've the words(subtitle) that cover the screen..........not really
>good idea as you can't enjoy all the original art works..
>Besides, isn't this CLV? The original is CAV which should
>give you better quality of pictures.......(correct me if I'm wrong)
>
>> 3. Animego's Oh! My Goddess LD set...I think this one has two LDs
>>    too but am not sure about the packaging. How's the cover art?
>>    $70.00 total.
>
>Same again with the CAV/CLV problem........
>
>> 4. Wait for Animego's hybrid release this June/July that contains
>>    both the subtitles and the dubbing. This is on 3 LDs, so that's
>>    $40 x 3 = $120.
>
>Subtitles you can't enjoy the original picture artworks as you've got
>lines of words across the picture.....The Dubbing...........need I
>explain more?
>
>> Does anybody have any comment on this? In particular, is the
>> Japanese CAV much superior to the CLV that Animego uses? Also,
>
>I would say this is true...........
>

>BTW, off topic: Anyone will go to Tokyo around March 17-20? Or know
>any anime events going on? I might have a chace going there :) Any
>info. will be greatly appriciated. (Please e-mail me in private at
>skuld@eskimo.com) Thanks!!
>******************Chris Lee, or Skuld, at skuld@eskimo.com******************
>-----Co-founder of Project NERV---Skuld-Cha on IRC #sailormoon,#anime!------
>=====1/2 Model Railroader===1/4 Anime Otaku===1/4 Ecchi Game Doukoushya=====
>=Skuld Onkaku Kenkyuusho is currently Under Construction,Will be coming soon=
>*********Might be going to Tokyo from March 17-20, anyone else?**************

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Robert Lee
dragon3@ix.netcom.com
"They have a buster cannon too!"  <BANG>   Fatima Phorever
 "Feel your sou7l cut byarusty knife
  As you head down for the self destructive edge..."
                     -Sharon Apple (Information Highway)
***Kosuke Fujishima***AMG!***Taiho Shichauzo***The Five Star Stories (Nagano)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs