Re: laserdisc recommendations...

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Lancelot Mui <lance@cs.wisc.edu>
subject Re: laserdisc recommendations...
date Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:59:38 -0600 (CST)
On Sat, 2 Mar 1996 brainiac@MIT.EDU wrote:

> Does anybody have any comment on this? In particular, is the
> Japanese CAV much superior to the CLV that Animego uses? Also,
> does any of them have soft caption instead of hard-burned
> subtitles? (One last question about laserdiscs...I need S-video
> to really take advantage of the quality, yes?)

I think in general, unless you play with stuffs like still frame and slow
motion, CAV and CLV make no pratical difference. As for S-Video, you will
get the same quality (in terms of resolution) whether you use it or not.
It will give you better Y/C balance though, but the gain is minimal. If
you want to record it on tape and have a SVHS VCR, then it is a different
story...

Correct me if I am wrong.

Lance
 1m
/* ----------------------------------------------------	*/
/* Lancelot Mui						*/
/* Department of Genetics, UW-Madison			*/
/* Email: lance@cs.wisc.edu				*/
/* Homepage: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~stevenl/mui.html	*/
 0m

Search field Search string