Re:Question re AMG vol 9 ch57

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Peter L. Ward" <falcon@best.com>
subject Re:Question re AMG vol 9 ch57
date Thu, 1 Feb 1996 21:21:29 +0000
> From: 	Ewan Chrystal[SMTP:100563.2021@compuserve.com]
> >>Without any knowledge of Japanese I am trying to understand what is
> >>happening in
> ch57 in vol 9.   It seems to me that this is rather a crucial chapter for
> indicating Belldandy's interest in Keiichi.  I have a couple of questions
> which I hope someone will be able to answer:-<<
>
> No it wasn't. At least nothing has changed between the pair since that
> chapter. I wonder how many more of these 'disappointments' are we fans going
> to have to take before seeing some permenent change in their relation.
>
> >Who is the female character, who I think is an exorcist/priestess? (Have I
> >understood that correctly?)
>
> Can't help you with the name, I can't even figure out what it is in chinese.
> But she IS an exorcist, at least she's trying to be one.

Well, having the original Japanese version with the name in furigana, it reads
"Sakakibara Shiho".

> >Why did she contact Keiichi?
>
> She thought he was possessed by evil spirits. Couldn't be further from the
> truth.
>
> >Is it Belldandy who causes things to break when the female character tries to
> >kiss Keiichi?  If so, is it because she is jealous?
>
> Yes to both, although she couldn't admit it until the end.

Well, now I have a better idea of what's going on (my Japanese is nowhere near
that good), and hopefully, you have an idea of what the name of the character
is...

Peter L. Ward          falcon@best.com          Kyusaku on IRC #Anime!
Caretaker of the Urd Shrine (http://www.best.com/~falcon/urdhome.htm)

"Okay, *here's* an idea...I've heard the best cure for memory loss
 is...SHOCK TREATMENT!!" - Urd

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited