Re: AMG merchandise list anywhere?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: AMG merchandise list anywhere?
date Fri, 2 Feb 1996 13:49:54 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996 erics@jna.com.au wrote:

> > From: Wayne/Melissa Simms <otaku@wsnet.com>
> >         Ano . . . does this "animate" have a World Wide Web address or
> > ordering/catalogues by e-mail?  (For that matter, where is it?)  It might be
> > more accessible to the worldwide readership of this ML if it did, and I for
> > one would be interested in a method of contacting a steady supplier of
> > allied AMG goods via my computer.  So, if anyone has any information in this
> > particular regard, please post it.
> >
>   It's a great idea to be able to merchandise stuff on the net. But
> just because we are on the net doesn't mean _they_ have to be on the
> net.
>   I would be dubious on the cost effectiveness of having a homepage to
> sell your wares since most people would browse through and not order
> anything much. Secondly, they would need someone fluent in english to
> set up the homepage catalogue ... not an easy task. (I know you can
> you it for them ... and most probably for free. But would they trust
> you with the job of doing this?). The other problem arises, an inquiry
> in english - how would they reply since theior english is reported to
> be pretty poor...

 Instead of having a internet shop, they've got store all over Japan.
Most of the "major" cities has an animate, especially around the Tokyo
and Osaka area.

>   Finally, I would never trust sending my order through the
> net. Especially credit card details etc ... even with encryption
> protection.

 Don't worry! They don't accept credit card at the store anyway! (In
fact, there's a joke about shopping in Japan; "if you go shopping in
Japan, you'll need a suitcase full of cash. No one accepts credit card or
check!")

>   I hate to shoot down an idea into flames. But I would think this
> option would best suit US shops like Nikaku and Books Nippan rather
> than Japan located shops such as Animate.
>   It's a let down.... <sigh>

 Personally, I trust the Japanese stores more than the ones overseas...

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited