Re: AMG merchandise list anywhere?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from erics@jna.com.au
subject Re: AMG merchandise list anywhere?
date Thu, 1 Feb 1996 08:42:19 -73300 (EST)
> From: Wayne/Melissa Simms <otaku@wsnet.com>
> Subject: Re: AMG merchandise list anywhere?

>         Ano . . . does this "animate" have a World Wide Web address or
> ordering/catalogues by e-mail?  (For that matter, where is it?)  It might be
> more accessible to the worldwide readership of this ML if it did, and I for
> one would be interested in a method of contacting a steady supplier of
> allied AMG goods via my computer.  So, if anyone has any information in this
> particular regard, please post it.

  It's a great idea to be able to merchandise stuff on the net. But
just because we are on the net doesn't mean _they_ have to be on the
net.
  I would be dubious on the cost effectiveness of having a homepage to
sell your wares since most people would browse through and not order
anything much. Secondly, they would need someone fluent in english to
set up the homepage catalogue ... not an easy task. (I know you can
you it for them ... and most probably for free. But would they trust
you with the job of doing this?). The other problem arises, an inquiry
in english - how would they reply since theior english is reported to
be pretty poor...
  Finally, I would never trust sending my order through the
net. Especially credit card details etc ... even with encryption
protection.

  I hate to shoot down an idea into flames. But I would think this
option would best suit US shops like Nikaku and Books Nippan rather
than Japan located shops such as Animate.
  It's a let down.... <sigh>

--
--| Eric Shen |---| erics@jna.com.au |---| K.Soc 1993 |---|AMS,TM!R,KOR |---
| "You're watching too much anime and still don't have a girlfriend.       |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs