Re: AMG soundtrack

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Peter L. Ward" <falcon@best.com>
subject Re: AMG soundtrack
date Tue, 2 Jan 1996 21:04:29 +0000
> Date:          Wed, 3 Jan 96 15:11:41 +1100
> From:          Chuen Y Eric Lo <cyl@kbs.citri.edu.au>
> To:            megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
> Subject:       AMG soundtrack

> Hi,
>
> I am sure AMG anime music is liked by many. So I am
> here to ask help. :)
>
> I like the soundtrack in the OAVs. I particularly like
> the music in OAV 1 when Bell first appeared from
> the mirror to grant K1 a wish, and when she woke up in
> the temple and found K1 sick; as well as the piano piece
> in OAV 2 when Bell sat beside the sleeping K1 in the
> bedroom, blaming herself for his drowning.
>
> I checked out some information in the net and Stephen
> Pearl's long list of anime CD (and thanks to these
> people), and guess that the CD I want to have is called:
>
>  Aa- Megami-sama-  Ongaku-hen [Music collection] Vol. 1
>
> Just wonder:
> (1) Does this CD contain the aforementioned melody?
> (2) Does anybody have this CD and what is their comment?

Yes, both tracks you mention ("Mind Complication" from ep. 1, "Teardrops" from
ep. 2) are on the first CD.  In fact, the first CD has all the music (and then
some) from the first two episodes.  The second CD (yes, there is a second one)
has the music from the remaining three episodes, with only seconds to spare on
the CD itself (over 73 minutes worth out of a possible 74).

Of the two, I love the second one better...not to say that the first one was
bad at all (I love that one as well ^_^).  Not only does it have more music,
but the music on it is at times stirring, and at other times deeply moving.
Also, it has Belldandy's "Song of Egg" (track 20) as well as a bonus image
song sung by Keiichi's voice actor (Kikuchi Masami) at the end of the ep. 4
section.

I'd have to say "Get both of these CDs!"

> Also, I got the lyrics of the themes from venice ftp site,
> but they are all in Romanized Japanese. I wonder if anyone
> can tell me where to find semantic translations for the
> opening and ending AMG themes?

Well, if you can manage to get your hands on AnimEigo's release of the
subtitled tapes or LDs, the liner notes will have both the romanized Japanese
lyrics as well as English translations.  Seeing that you're from Australia
(from your e-mail address), I understand that it might be difficult.  Do what
you have to do to get them, though.  Ganbatte Kudasai!

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Eric

Peter L. Ward          falcon@best.com          Kyusaku on IRC #Anime!
Caretaker of the Urd Shrine (http://www.best.com/~falcon/urdhome.htm)

"Are you sure about these guys?  I'm a little worried." - Shinden 2
"Oh, they may act kind of weird, but they know how
	to do a job right." - Belldandy

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited