Re: Gone for the weekend

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from lg - Loyd Goodbar <lgoodbar@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Gone for the weekend
date Sat, 2 Dec 1995 07:57:43 -0800
At 09.19 1995=B712=B71 EDT, Eric 1/2 wrote:
>> >         Does Skuld have or use any magical abilities? She IS a goddess,
>> > after all. Magic from Skuld in any of the manga?? Just=
 checking.........

>  Just because Skuld doesn't exihibit any magical skills doesn't mean
>she doesn't use it!
>  Also, how you define magic is a little vague. One thinks of Urd
>summoning a monster or Belldandy breaking a fall. But remember, the
>AMS universe, magic and technology is somewhat intertwined (ie. Bugs
>in Yggdrasil!).
>  So Skuld does have magical abilities given her classification as a
>2nd class goddess. She chooses to use her mechanical/technical skills
>rather than on her (possibly uncontrolled or immature) magic
>abilities.
>  BTW - Skuld DOES have magical skills since she is one of the
>characters that could create a Circle of Power!
>Or that she can transport herself through water - like Urd through a
>TV and Belldandy through a mirror.
>  Also - her markings on her cheek and forehead is a link to the
>Yggdrasil computer and it's powers.

I was thinking along the lines of casting spells, energy spheres, and the
cool chanting stuff like in the anime. If they're there but not utilized....
hmmm.... fanfic material...  Or, if she DOES use magic to create her various
mecha creations... This requires some thinking. And more reading.

Thanks,
 - lg -
                    / "I'm not cut out for menial labor." \
                    \                                -Urd /