Re: Gone for the weekend

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Wayne/Melissa Simms <otaku@wsnet.com>
subject Re: Gone for the weekend
date Fri, 1 Dec 1995 07:40:13 -0600
At 10:42 PM 12/1/95 +1000, John Collins wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, C h a e wrote:
        <snip>
>> 	Well, not none.  She can hum... "write" characters (usually
>> 'Baka" or somesuch) on other people (usually on their, or more
>> specifically Urd's and K1's, faces.  <snip again>
>
>Yep, read that somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember where.
>BTW What's with the "K1"?  Am I missing an in joke here? <snip encore>

        Japanese romanji: Kei=K (English letter "K")
        Japanese numbers: ichi=1 (one, uno, une, singular cardinal number)

        Thus, "K1" = Kei-ichi = Keiichi

        I think he signs his name this way occasionally in the original
Japanese manga as well, as a shorthand.
WAYNE SIMMS (otaku@wsnet.com) |    "Now place one hand on her breast. . . "
Ah! My Goddess/Tenchi Muyo!   |    --Urd
Kimagure Orange Road/Moldiver |    "On . . . her . . . B-B-B--?!"--Keiichi
Phantasia/Ranma .5/Outlanders |    "C'mon, you love it."--Urd ^_^
Urusei Yatsura/Maison Ikkoku  |
All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl |    Oh My Goddess! Part II #8
Nuku Nuku/Macross/Starblazers |    c. Dark Horse/Studio Proteus
BBBB   EEEE  L     L     DDD      A    N     N   DDD   Y   Y  !!
B   B  E     L     L     D  D   A   A  N N   N   D  D   Y Y   !!
BBBBB  EEEE  L     L     D  D   AAAAA  N  N  N   D  D    Y    !!
B   B  E     L     L     D  D   A   A  N   N N   D  D    Y
BBBB   EEEE  LLLL  LLLL  DDD    A   A  N     N   DDD     Y    !!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs