> From: John Collins <johnc@sv.net.au>
> Subject: Re: Gone for the weekend

> On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, lg - Loyd Goodbar wrote:
>
> > And... just to stay on topic, a question for pondering:
> >
> >         Does Skuld have or use any magical abilities? She IS a goddess,
> > after all. Magic from Skuld in any of the manga?? Just checking.........
>
> None as far as I can see.  I asked the same question.

  Just because Skuld doesn't exihibit any magical skills doesn't mean
she doesn't use it!
  Also, how you define magic is a little vague. One thinks of Urd
summoning a monster or Belldandy breaking a fall. But remember, the
AMS universe, magic and technology is somewhat intertwined (ie. Bugs
in Yggdrasil!).
  So Skuld does have magical abilities given her classification as a
2nd class goddess. She chooses to use her mechanical/technical skills
rather than on her (possibly uncontrolled or immature) magic
abilities.
  BTW - Skuld DOES have magical skills since she is one of the
characters that could create a Circle of Power!
Or that she can transport herself through water - like Urd through a
TV and Belldandy through a mirror.
  Also - her markings on her cheek and forehead is a link to the
Yggdrasil computer and it's powers.

--
--| Eric Shen |---| erics@jna.com.au |---| K.Soc 1993 |---|AMS,TM!R,KOR |---
| "You're watching too much anime and still don't have a girlfriend.       |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs