[megami:31437] Re: 3rd Season (I Doubt It)

to megami@usagi.org
from B Smith <ifuritaoni@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:31437] Re: 3rd Season (I Doubt It)
date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
The problem isn't AMG...the problem is that when all
is said and done AMG is NOT on the anime hot-list the
way series like Naruto, bleach, Claymore, Code Geass,
and a ton of others are....

AMG is good but it's rather tame to more popular faire
like Ouran High Host Club and in some ways - as there
has been mentioned on this list before - AMG has lost
a lot of its flare and fun, lacking in the ummph that
made earlier stories like the Lord of Terror and Angel
Eater sooooo cool.

I love AMG and plan to cosplay it again in the future
at some point but there are just so many other anime
out there from Chivalier D'eon to Claymore that are
new, fresh, and recent.  AMG - the manga as well as
the anime - if you didn't see it or read it from the
beginning (or some point early on), its hard to get
into.  The average anime fan these days is young and
more interested in the dragonball-scale beatdownz of
Naruto than the gentle, timid romance between
Belldandy and K1.

The goddesses - thank heavens - haven't changed much
over the years but the anime community and fan
expectations have.

~_~
B Smith

--- Rax xar <rax_paul@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > But not good enough when comparing to those
> evening
> > time anime
> > or weekend morning ones.
>
> What other anime is standing in the way of AMG?
> naruto?(lol). Why would AMG be in the midnight slot?
> thought it would be shown in primetime...
>

> --- 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
>
> > > From: "AstroNerdBoy" <usr1054@astronerdboy.com>
> > > CuSO4 is the one who usually has news, but I'll
> > leave this open to all.
> >
> > Multiple source is better than a single one.
> > Diversity !
> > (^_^)
> >
> > > is there any news about the series
> > > in Japan (or the possibility of a 3rd series)?
> >
> > Nope
> >
> > > Further, what were the ratings for the 2nd
> series
> > in Japan if
> > > anyone knows?
> >
> > 3%-5%.  Doing quite good comparing to other
> midnight
> > anime.
> >
> > But not good enough when comparing to those
> evening
> > time anime
> > or weekend morning ones.

> > 'CuSO4' Yung
> > cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@cuso4.jp
> >

> "I don't know if something you like is suppose to be
> filled only with fun, but if it's something you
> like, you won't ever come to hate it."---Belldandy
>
> www.projectgoddess.com

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited