[megami:31302] Re: belldandy cosplay returning?

to megami@usagi.org
from "Miss Belldandy" <Kurthy133@smallwish.com>
subject [megami:31302] Re: belldandy cosplay returning?
date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:26:24 -0400 (EDT)
> Actually...a lot of cosplays are available on sites
> like Ebay.  A LOT.
>
> It's not so much due to the TV series but just in
> general Ah My Goddess holds a small but enduring fan
> base.  At Otakon (see www.fansview.com) there were
> several AMG cosplayers (always are).  And AMG remains
> a much beloved and respected series.
>
> Like Sailor Moon, it's a series that won't go away.
> The TV series on some lvls gave the fandom a good shot
> in the arm but AMG will forever get eclipsed by more
> numerous cosplays from series like Inuyasha, Bleach,
> Naruto, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
>
> Yes I know we all love AMG and think it's #1.
> Well....it IS!  But in the general fandom the more
> bloody and action packed series like Hellsing and
> Blood get all the attention and it's a fact that can't
> be ignored.
>
> Wish Fujishima would come to the US to meet the
> American fandom.
>
> *sigh*
> ^_^
> B Smith
>

> --- David Mandalis <mandalis@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> It's been awhile since I have seen anyone do any AMG
>> cosplaying, but I just saw
>> an offer at Cospla.com for a Belldandy Goddess
>> uniform for cosplay for sale
>> (various sizes too).  I wonder if this is because of
>> the tv series?
>>
>> dave m

You say "returning" as though it left! ^^ AMS has always been a staple of
cosplay and will probably continue being so for many more years. It's a
classic. No matter what anime con you go to, you will always see about two
or three AMS cosplays. Though many more people *did* plan on making more
AMS cosplays this year, it never really happened.

As B (miss you hun! :D) and Brian have said, there will always be new
"phases" and new trends. Popular series like Bleach, FMA, and Naruto are
enormous right now and, as time goes on, their popularity will fade as new
series come around. AMS shall just quietly remain in the background as a
constant fav and will never fade, I believe. Classics never die~!

--
<3 Kurthy

www.smallwish.com
www.images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=2151&cat=500