[megami:31020] Re: new afternoon w dvd (OT: Negima)

to megami@usagi.org
from Dennis Goens II <grrdraxin_r@yahoo.com>
subject [megami:31020] Re: new afternoon w dvd (OT: Negima)
date Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:16:42 -0800 (PST)
--- Stephen Lee <sl2001@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Hitoshi Doi told the Megami devotees:
> >
> > I must be getting too old..  I hated those obvious CG bits.
> > Didn't find them to be "cool" at all.
>
> Do you mean the bits like when they showed Yggdrasil working?  I
> don't
> think they are cool but I don't find them too annoying either.

Would you have rather seen those scenes in hand-drawn form? I don't
think they would have had the same impact if it was done the other way.
Scenes that complicated would be difficult to draw and wouldn't be
nearly as detailed.... unless they did rough CG and traced it over cel
by cel. So yeah, BOO to old school! JK ^_^

> Instead I find the CG backgrounds (like when K1 races his bike)
> unsettling.  They probably did that to save money, don't you think?

I've seen those kinds before, perticularly in games. It was okay, but
they really tried to "filter-whore" it for the speed factor, and
probably to throw us off that it was CG, which didn't work. They still
need more practice to get the right "feel" of it, I guess. *shrug*

2 cents, later.

====
Dennis "GrrDraxin" Goens - The Lost God
"We are the Otaku. You will be animized  (anime-ized). Your visual
and audible distinctiveness  will be added to our own. You will adapt
to being collected and viewed by us. Resistance is unlikely (futile)."
                                            --- Lord GrrDraxin
Sig Revision version 3.5
Copyright © 1999-2005 GrrDraxin Industries

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs